Revenue Performance Analyst - Steward Medical Group
The Revenue Performance Analyst is responsible for analyzing, trending, and supporting revenue activities and performance in an assignment Steward Medical Group market.
Principal Duties & Responsibilitie
- Functions as a content expert for practice pre-bill and denial holds, and complex claim issues in Athena. Demonstrates mastery knowledge of working claims and holds in athenaCollector.
- Utilizing daily hold reports and other analytics tools, identifies areas of opportunity to reduce outstanding AR, surface workflow challenges, and provide education to practices.
- Assists with process assessments of revenue cycle operations in practice areas in an effort to identify process improvement opportunities. Functions as the point of contact for revenue cycle process assessments as assigned.
- Collaborates with appropriate resources to provide guidance and timely responses to practice inquiries about pre-billing holds and denials.
- Assist with working practice holds for identified practices as needed.
- Identifies trends in claim workflow and “touches”; reports operational issues to management for further research and resolution.
- Support Practices and Revenue Performance Managers by:
- Helping to manage projects and initiatives at the market and division level.
- Overseeing follow up of open items from day to day business activity.
- Identifying process gaps and recommending improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with training resources to determine how to prioritize delivery of training, and what methods of training should be used to delivery content effectively.
- Works collaboratively across Revenue Cycle, Operations, and IT toward meeting the institutional goal of increasing revenue and decreasing outstanding AR.
Knowledge, Education/Skills and Requirements
- 3-5 years experience in revenue cycle, preferably Physician billing.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent in training and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Athena experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of staff.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: de313af2-7deb-4e42-afff-69faf5d2d9b2