Scheduling Coordinator (SETMA)
Ensures that patients are properly received when they call into the facility. This includes ensure that patients are timely, accurately and courteously listened to and respond to in a manner which insures a positive outcome for the patient.
- Upon patient’s call, listen and respond to the request efficiently utilizing the MicroMed and NexGen Software.
- Ensures tone and voice is easily understood by caller, speaking in normal unrushed manner.
- Properly captures all information in the computer system upon setting an appointment. e.g., insurance verification, patient demographic verification etc
- Maintains a pleasant, friendly demeanor in all interactions with customers by utilizing eye contact, courtesy, and a warm caring attitude.
- Follows Agency policies and procedures
- Reschedule providers daily appointments as directed by supervisor.
- Follows Universal Precaution Procedures while performing applicable duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to job position.
- Complies with the facility privacy policies and procedures for the management of protected health information (PHI)
- Maintains computer skills necessary to insure accuracy and efficiency in the performance of all data entry duties.
- Helps to maintain the office area to reduce the risk of safety hazards and enhance general appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school degree or general equivalence degree.
- May have at least two years experience in a physician’s practice.
- May be certified as a Medical Assistant.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with all ages.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of computers.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6559