Scribe - Steward Medical Group
The Scribe maximizes physician availability for direct patient care by absorbing clerical duties for documentation requirements and other non-clinical physician responsibilities.
- Responsible for data entry into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Ensures transcription of handwritten or electronic physician notes, including:
- verbal communication from the physician
- patient/doctor interactions
- physical exam findings
- medical decision making
- medication orders
- laboratory results
- radiological reports
- clinical reevaluations
- Organizes objective healthcare data, such as laboratory data results and prepared radiologist interpretations of xrays, CT scans, ultrasounds, and other methods of objective analysis.
- Monitors the status of orders placed by the physician for each patient, including:
- laboratory studies
- radiology studies
- physician requests
- Assumes responsibility for other non-clinical assignments such as obtaining old medical records, and locating previous studies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical education or experience is preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Medical Assistant Certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Other LocationsTexas-San Antonio, Texas-Beaumont, Texas-Houston, Texas-Port Arthur
OrganizationPermian Premier Health Services
Education LevelHigh School Diploma/GED
Job Reference #: 1806681