Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Secretary with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for scheduling, referral management, check-out, triaging calls appropriately while managing a multi-line phone system.
- Scheduling appointments accurately and efficiently.
- Manage physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Demonstrate courteous phone manners and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers and providers.
- Perform duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience.
- Must be familiar with using an electronic medical record (EMR) such as Athena, and have a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience working with various insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations plans and referral procedures strongly preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16858