Senior Associate, Accounting - CMGE Finance
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
Bachelor's degree is required.
3-5 years experience is preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of the Director of Accounting, this role leads and assists in Steward Medical Group's ("SMG") month end close process, financial analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and internal and external reporting requirements. The senior accountant will serve a critical role in developing and completing the monthly and quarterly fluctuation analysis of SMG's income statement and balance sheet. In addition, this role will lead and be responsible for the implementation of new US GAAP standards, SMG accounting policy writing and deployment, and other staff trainings, as needed.
* Participate and advise in the SMG monthly close process including fixed assets, revenue, AR, and other areas as needed
* Prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and ad hoc financial reporting
* Owner of the month and quarter end income statement and balance sheet financial analysis for SMG's East, Central, and West divisions and reporting results out to senior management
* Identify additional opportunities to embed financial analysis tools into the existing close process to further enhance SMG's internal controls and processes
* Prepare and assist in the reporting and accumulation of information for the Company's month end close package sent to senior management
* Serve as the liaison between FP&A and Accounting during budget season and month-end close
* Assist FP&A for any changes in US GAAP that must be considered for budget purposes
* Lead budget to actual variance analysis and drive issue resolution to close timely
* Significant contributor to the implementation of ASC 842, Leases implementation
* Be the lead for finance and accounting policy writing and training deployment to the appropriate finance staff
* Serve as the accounting lead project manager for all new and existing projects, for example 1) implementing SMG's new balance sheet reconciliation policy and liaising with the accountants to ensure all reconciliations are stated in accordance with our existing accounting policies and US GAAP, 2) developing our M&A accounting tools, and 3) facilitating the potential migration to one new ERP in the future
* Assist in the integration of future acquisitions into SMG
* Assist the Director of Accounting with the preparation of interim and year-end audit work papers
* Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals, and Corp
* Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Must possess strong analytical skills
* Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills required
* Advanced software skills (Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with ERP system)
* Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred
* Minimum of 3-5 years' experience with health care experience a plus but not required
* Supervisory experience preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53257