Senior Human Resources Advisor
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Summary: The Senior Human Resources Advisor serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and operational/staff units. The Advisor provides consultation and collaboration across the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources. Serves as a mentor and resource for the HR Advisors.
• Serves as a business partner to management within the full scope of Human Resources functions and advises directors, management and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
• Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all directors, managers and employees regarding HR issues.
• Provides expertise and consultation regarding labor agreements to include interpretation, past practice, investigations, grievance procedures and disciplinary actions.
• Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises directors and managers in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
• Provides ongoing assessment and coaching to directors, managers and staff and recommends development plans where needed.
• Advises directors, managers and staff regarding employee relations issues, recommends courses of action and ensures consistency and fairness in all resolutions.
• Advises HR staff regarding policies, processes and practices and recommends changes, new development, and/or elimination as needed.
• Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
• Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches directors, managers and staff regarding these requirements.
• Serves as the liaison between HR and other administrative departments within the organization.
• Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their department and the organization.
• Seeks out professional development opportunities and continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills.
• Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
• Acts as a resource and mentor for HR Advisors.
• Works with upper management to develop action plans that support strategic HR issues.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent consultative and coaching skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Ability to design, recommend and lead organizational development projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of HR Generalist experience
• Healthcare HR experience strongly preferred
• PHR or SHRM-CP preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4507