Senior Manager, Provider Onboarding
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,500 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Sr. Manager, Provider On-Boarding will report to the Vice President, Human Resources and will lead the department that supports provider growth at Steward Medical Group (SMG). The Sr. Manager will manage the on-board process for all providers from contract signature to start of employment. The Sr. Manager will partner internally with Provider Enrollment, Physician Contracting, Operations, Central Verification Office (CVO) and Human Resources.
- Manage the Provider On-Boarding Team for Central, Northeast and West Regions by communicating expectations, setting attainable goals and holding staff accountable.
- Work closely with the Director, CVO and Sr. Manager, Provider Enrollment to ensure a streamlined on-boarding process.
- Once provider start date is assigned, work with the Physician Contracting, CVO, Provider Enrollment and hospitals to ensure that start dates continue to be attainable.
- Works closely with the SMG Directors throughout the On-Boarding process to assist with assessing new start dates, as needed.
- Lead on-boarding meetings and work to resolve on-boarding issues that come up during meetings.
- Review all completed Provider Enrollment packets for completeness prior to forwarding to Provider Enrollment Team.
- Manage the Salesforce database on the on-boarding side. Ensure data is comprehensive, updated and accurate at all times.
- Develop and present escalation grid to SMG Leadership for any provider that is in danger of not being credentialed by their start date.
- Assist with answering provider questions about the hospital and payer credentialing process
- When necessary, meet with providers to facilitate completion of credentialing paperwork.
- Ensure that Provider On-Boarding Team is appropriately communicating with providers and that any follow up occurs in a timely manner.
- Continuously evaluate the department processes/protocols and identify areas of improvement to streamline functions and create best practices.
- Develop appropriate reporting tools to provide critical provider information as efficiently as possible.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience working within the healthcare administrative setting with an understanding of the physician on-boarding process.
- 2-3 years of recent management experience.
- Understanding of the payor enrollment process.
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exhibit a high energy level with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the provider recruitment and on-boarding effort.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision, set priorities, and follow through to accomplish results.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and process complex information and deliver, both verbally and written, in a clear, concise, and articulate manner.
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate both detail and summary level information to administrators, providers and external departments and managers regarding the recruitment, contracting and on-boarding process for physicians.
- Ability to make policy and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to work independently.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8801