Senior Manager, Steward Hospitalist, Emergency, Radiology & Pathology (SHERP)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Reporting to the Vice PRseident of Steward Hospitalist, Emergency, Radiology & Pathology, the Senior Manager will oversee all centralized operational functions for the Hospital-based service lines, including Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Pathology and Hospitalists. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; management of new practice acquisitions, oversight of all Provider onboarding including Hospital credentialing and Payer enrollment, as well as leadership of enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and projects. The Senior Manager will work closely and collaboratively in support of the Executive Director of Hospital Services, as well as the individual service line Directors and Vice Presidents. The Senior Manager will be responsible for identifying and executing on opportunities for standardization, process improvement, financial optimization, and operational efficiency across a rapidly growing national enterprise.
• Provide operational leadership to the Hospital based service lines.
• Partner with the Service Line Leaders on all aspects of business operations.
• Oversees and manages all assigned projects. Responsible for ensuring timely and thorough completion, communication about barriers/solutions and resources needs. Makes process and/or organization structure suggestions for improvements and changes as needed.
• Development of new policies and procedures in preparation of project implementation
• Works with COO, VPs of Practice Mgmt., Site Directors/Managers, and Manager of Training and Development to identify areas of focus and develop training material and plans as needed.
• Leads operational task forces.
• Identifies and develops action plans for new process improvement projects.
• Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
• Builds business and implementation plans to acquire and incorporate new practices.
• Work closely with Physician Services, Revenue Cycle, Operational support teams, Legal, Managed Care, and vendors to onboard new practices and providers.
• Ensure that all providers throughout the service line have completed their annual education.
• Collaborates with HR on getting offer letters out to physicians and advanced practitioners and as well as working with Physician Services on getting employment agreements out to physicians
• Primary liaison to HR, Physician Services, Revenue Cycle, and IT for practice acquisitions and provider onboarding.
• Partner with Senior Leaders, to develop and execute strategic plans
• Manage relevant vendor relationships and ensure vendor performance, specifically outside billing vendors
• Promote an infrastructure and culture that promotes physician relations for provider satisfaction and retention
• Establish standards and best practices within specialties across markets
• Provide expert advice and counsel to VP’s, Department Chairs, and Senior Leadership
• Provide leadership and team building of non-clinical department staff, responsible for creating a positive and productive work environment
• Direct and indirect supervision of staff.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Working knowledge and understanding of all rules, regulations, policies and procedures with regard to enrollment and billing with the third party payors.
• Ability to work well with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to prioritize and manage several projects with demanding workloads.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to identify problems in the regulatory, licensing, credentialing and enrollment arena and perform research, prepare reports, and summarize based upon research data.
• Ability to make policy and procedural decisions and judgments.
• Proven ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Capacity to deal with several critical events simultaneously. Ability to analyze a situation and provide viable solutions and alternatives. Ability to see in immediate and future desired states. Ability to manage a variety and complex assortment of projects simultaneously and working with mgrs./directors/executives at all levels of organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5 to 7 years or progressive work experience in a multispecialty physician group model with proven project management success. Practice management or health care operations experience required. Experience managing an Anesthesiology practice is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5674