Senior Physician Recruiter
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
In conjunction with Department Leadership, the Senior Physician Recruiter is responsible for managing national recruitment efforts for the Departments of Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine, Radiology, and Pathology. The Senior Physician Recruiter will be responsible for developing and leading creative and effective recruitment and retention strategies and plans.
***COMPENSATION MODEL WILL INCLUDE A COMPETITIVE BASE WITH AGGRESSIVE INCENTIVES***
- Strategic sourcing of candidates by initiating and maintaining networking relationships though medical associations, key contacts, and visibility at professional conferences.
- Actively seek out candidates through networking opportunities, initiate contact to introduce them to Steward Health Care, and maintain contact in order to develop an on-going pool of candidates.
- Recruitment of qualified physicians includes initial screening, introduction of candidate to local area, responding to inquiries both about relocation as well as hospital/ practice questions in order to identify the best match of candidates with the appropriate opening.
- Maintain a current understanding of the national and local markets in order to respond to both candidates and staff inquiries and ensure competiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Work with Leadership to develop and implement effective sourcing and recruitment strategies and plans.
- Manage ongoing national and local recruitment efforts.
- Maintain required statistics and metrics to track recruitment efforts.
- Identifies and sources targeted physicians using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods.
- Reviews CVs/applications and phone screens all candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization.
- Present physician opportunities with detail and clarity, providing information about The Medical Group, compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position.
- Creates a comprehensive practice description for each opportunity. Prepares job descriptions and develops job postings for company web site. Identifies and searches candidate database(s) for potential candidates.
- Researches association publications, web sites and other appropriate resources on which to post physician opportunities. Develops relationships with residency programs. Assist with the development of promotional materials, such as banners and posters to be used in recruitment events.
- Maintains a candidate tracking worksheet/database reflecting documentation of positions open, interviews scheduled, conversation had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc. Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner.
- Directs, organizes and coordinates all aspects of candidate itineraries, agendas and site visits including: travel and hotel reservations, clinic, hospital and community tours, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, and processes all related receipts.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source and recruit qualified candidates
- Demonstrated understanding of medical manpower planning and the requirements of each individual market and / or specialty.
- Ability to effectively interview, screen, and establish rapport with candidates.
- Ability to convey information about the Steward Health Care organization to leave candidates with a positive impression about the organization.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain large amounts of data and information on candidates, markets, and the organization as a whole.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Experience: 2-5 years of recruiting for hospital, physician practices including experience in hard-to fill positions within the medical field
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point
- Other: Local and national travel; current drivers' license required as well as own vehicle.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: I54354