Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live.
Steward is the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. Steward owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing financial statements and related and accurate analyses of financial information for all levels of SMG personnel, Board Members and independent auditors.
- Assist the Controller and Accounting team with the monthly close process within specified deadlines to include journal entries, account and financial statement analysis.
- Prepares yearend audit work papers for SMG as assigned.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly payroll journal entries and payroll accruals.
- Maintains and prepares monthly allocation journal entry according to the approved formula.
- Prepares and maintains balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of the Director of Finance.
- Tracks provider CME requests. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Respond to inquiries and return voicemails, e-mails in a timely, friendly and cooperative manner.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager with special projects as assigned.
- Prepares third party invoices for non-clinical activities.
- Inputs non patient cash receipts received and reconciles deposits.
- Use tact and sensitivity in communicating effective and respectfully with physicians, patients, families, co-workers, and all others.
- Provide for maintenance of confidentiality of patient records and communications.
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform all other duties related to this job.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15361