Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of his or her Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, year-end audit, and annual budget process.
- Assist the Accounting team with the monthly close process within specified deadlines to include journal entries, account and financial statement analysis.
- Prepares month end journal entries for real estate leases and related prepaid and other asset accounts
- Assist with the fixed assets rollforward, additions, and disposals
- Prepares and maintains balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of his or her Supervisor.
- Tracks provider CME requests. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Assist the Controller and Accounting Manager with special projects as assigned.
- Prepares year-end audit work papers.
- Prepares third party invoices for non-clinical activities.
- Inputs non patient cash receipts received and reconciles deposits.
- Use tact and sensitivity in communicating effective and respectfully with physicians, patients, families, co-workers, and all others.
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform all other duties related to this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines. Must possess strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills required.