Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under direction of the Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is a significant contributor to the month end close process, various financial reporting needs, balance sheet reconciliations, expense level processing, and accounting related projects.
- Integral contributor to the month end close process ensuring adherence to the close calendar and related timelines
- Act as lead in preparation and subsequent analysis of monthly payroll, payroll accrual, and bonus related accruals.
- Maintain and prepare monthly benefit allocation journal entries according to the approved formula.
- Prepare monthly revenue entries for various billing systems based on reports received from Revenue Analysts.
- Prepare and analyze monthly expense supply & other expense accrual entries.
- Contribute to CME Concur project once it starts as SMG moves toward automation.
- Monitors, reconciles, and tracks provider CME requests for timely approval and processing. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for various payroll and non-payroll liability accounts on a monthly basis. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Build and enhance personal and functional relationships within Finance and cross-functionally ensuring Accounting continues to elevate its internal service provider reputation within SMG.
- Assist in the facilitation of year-end audit work papers.
- Exhibit the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company within the dept and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills required. Minimum of 0-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required