Support Technician - 8:30am-5:00pm
The Support Technician is responsible for providing end users with technical support of networked devices, printers, desktops and peripheral devices. The Support technician will provide deployment, software installation, testing of network connections and troubleshooting services. The Support technician will have daily interaction with end user and will provide the highest level of customer service to both the end users and other IS staff.
* Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
* Responsible for providing first level support including maintenance, updating, modification, troubleshooting, and assessment of all supported hospital and branch office computers, printers, and other peripheral devices.
* Troubleshoot various technical problems with workstations and standalone PCs, laser and label printers, network connectivity, and peripheral hardware and bring issues to resolution in a timely manner.
* Review assigned calls in the call tracking system and take appropriate action to resolve issues. Ensure that all tickets are updated with information in a timely manner
* Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines
* Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
* Demonstrate the ability to work with moderate supervision and direction
* Triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved
* Responsible for executing moves, adds and changes of PC and Printer equipment
* Maintain a clean and orderly workplace, organizing and properly disposing of hardware, software and miscellaneous items in accordance with hospital, departmental and enterprise standards
* Provide regular on-call duties as scheduled.
* Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department. Occasional after hours and weekend work to cover shifts. Responsible for covering some shifts alone
* Conform to all departmental and enterprise standards, policies, and procedures
* Provide setup and installation services for networked devices using Steward's standard operating procedures and asset management procedures
* Add/modify devices to the network in compliance with the Steward standards
* Participate in the execution of large deployment projects and/or departmental moves
* Develop an understanding and awareness of the enterprise, including its objectives, design, strategies, departmental initiatives, staffing and the roles of key players in the organization.
* Maintain proper shift coverage for answering calls
* Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
* Travel to other sites required
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
* Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
* Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to follow direction.
* Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
* Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
* Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
* Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
* Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
* Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
Education: 2 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
Experience: 2 years experience in a customer services focused environments, Healthcare IT preferred
Certification/Licensure: Industry standard certification Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician (MCDST), CompTIA A+, and/or CompTIA Network+ is preferred
a. Hands on PC and Macintosh experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
b. Expert knowledge of PC hardware and associated subsystems
c. Expert knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (XP, Win7)
d. General knowledge of MSOffice, Exchange, IE, Safari, Activesynch, MS Project, MSVisio,
e. General knowledge of client-server computing
f. General knowledge of printer hardware and experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
g. General knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
h. General knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking protocols