Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
I. Position Function:
Responsible for the scheduling of all surgical procedures, and related testing for surgery patients.
II. Job Relationships:
The Scheduling Coordinator reports directly to the Practice Manager and/or designee.
The Coordinator works closely with the physicians, nursing staff, surgery residents and medical assistants and the medical center (i.e. Pre-Testing, OR Scheduling, Radiology). The Coordinator works closely with patients, the referring physicians and their office staff.
This Coordinator organizes and schedules the work flow of the surgeons’ operating room schedule assuring maximum use of OR time.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
• Schedules all surgical procedures for all l surgeons. This includes all major procedures, as well as, minor procedures.
• Communicates pre-procedure information to patient which may include: date of procedure; arrival time or time of transfer; pre-procedure instructions (medication instructions, arrival instructions, directions to hospital, discharge information, answer patient questions regarding procedure).
• Obtains insurance authorization of all procedures.
• Works closely and maintains excellent relations with various department personnel within the Hospital system.
• The Coordinator provides front-desk/reception coverage as needed and deemed necessary by the Manager.
• The Coordinator will take on different and/or additional responsibilities as needed and deemed necessary by the Practice Manager.
Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
Accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
Accountable for obtaining necessary insurance authorization for procedures performed by the surgeons.
• Associates Degree or three years experience in a related health care environment.
• Three years experience in a related health care environment
• Articulate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and with experience in dealing with both patients and health care providers.
• Necessary attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Understanding and familiarity of medical terminology.
• Strong computer skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3648