Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, professional Ultrasound Technologist to assist us in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Select proper imaging techniques and follow department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested.
- Ensure the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning.
- Provide complete documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with an initial interpretation.
- Have knowledge of illnesses related to the patient population and the various types of care being provided to them in order to provide the appropriate images for the interpreting Radiologist.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations, as they become necessary.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures.
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures; able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- ARDMS Certification or ARDMS eligible which is defined as: Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program with a minimum of 12 months full time clinical ultrasound experience.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 11550