Vascular Ultrasound Tech
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Vascular Ultrasound Technician is responsible for organizing and maintaining work flow, and for providing diagnostic services following accepted medical practices according to policy in an efficient, cost effective, professional manner.
- Selects appropriate equipment for use in ultrasound setup, following exam specifications.
- Explains the test to the patient. Instructs and assists the patient in assuming the physical position for examination.
- Selects a transducer and adjusts the equipment controls according to the heart size/part to be examined, the depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Enters test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of the body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Produces images and records diagnostic data digitally and maintains a permanent record as per policy of the institution.
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Has knowledge of policies appropriate to the clinic.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Specific experience and training in Vascular Ultrasound required.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3464