Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
• Under the supervision of the Manager, weekend coordinator will complete the daily patient rounding list to include creating a list from Meditech, counting the number of patients and making sure that it is accurate to complete the patient rounding assignment, communicating with the Patient Placement Center to attain the hospital bed assignments for the patients waiting for transfer from the Emergency Room.
• Responsible for searching the previous day admission grid for consults to be followed.
• Ensuring that patients are assigned to providers and that the number of patients to provider ratio is fair and equal
• Complete the assignment master list (including the number of patients per provider, completing the geographical distribution assignment, printing the list and faxing the list to the according floors)
• Reconciling the finalized master assignment list with the previous days admission to grid making sure to find any missing patients.
• Answering office phone and assisting providers
• Other duties as assigned