Performs a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required. May choose to digress from established routine under special circumstances depending upon clinical condition of patient.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Performs radiographic examinations with a high degree of accuracy, minimizing repeat digital films.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Maintains flow of patients through area and quality of films under the direct supervision of the Technical manager.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimation, shielding, and proper identification of digital films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport/duties.
- Assists Technical Manager in daily processor/ digital film sensitometry.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and digital film retrieval.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program
- Level of knowledge associated with completion of Radiologic Technology program.
- Associates degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain examination process to patients.
- Certification/Licensure: Possess a valid State license or temporary license and ARRT certification or eligible with one year to obtain.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.